I'm working on filling in all of the bios, very very slowly. Updates to Come.
Full Name: Alois Philipp Maria
Title: Prince Regent
Birth: Born 11 June 1968 in Zürich, Switzerland
Monarchs during life:
- Franz Joseph II (1938 - 1989)
- Hans-Adam II (1989 - Present)
- Prince Alois is Regent (2004-Present)
Place in line of succession:
- At Birth: Not in Line of Succession
- Current: Regent/Heir
Religion: Roman Catholic
- Christening: ?
- God Parents: ?
- God Children: ?
- Parents: Prince Hans Adam II and Princess Marie
- Marriage: Married Hereditary Princess Sofia (Then Princess Sophie of Bavaria) on 3 July 1993 at St. Florin's in Vaduz, Liechtenstein.
- Prince Joseph Wenzel (1995)
- Princess Marie Caroline (1996)
- Prince Georg (1999)
- Prince Nikolaus (2000)
- Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst (UK)
- University of Salzburg (Austria)
Job: Full-Time Royal
- Coldstream Guards (UK)
- Accounting Firm (UK)
Video of Alois speaking:
“I want to thank you dearly that with such a convincing ‘yes’ you have agreed to continue the 300-year-old partnership between the people and the royal house, which been so successful up to now,” - On Voters rejecting proposal to abolish the ruling prince’s right to veto (2012)
Today, Liechtenstein is a proud, active and well-established member of the United Nations.
Since the very beginning, we have sought to prove that a very small member is able to make a positive contribution to multilateralism. In joining the UN, we were looking for a platform to work productively within the family of nations and to create a firm foundation for our national sovereignty. Today, I can say that our hopes have been met beyond our expectations." - On Liechtenstein's 25th anniversary of UN membership (2015)