Friday, 22 April 2016

King Philippe of Belgium's Birthday Reply (2016)

So I must admit I was utterly puzzled when I arrived home today and found two envelopes from the Belgium Royal Palace waiting for me. I could remember one recent letter I had written, but I could not for the life of me remember the 2nd letter.




Sheepishly, I opened the two envelopes to see what I had forgotten and found that it wasn't my mistake, it was the Palace's. For some reason, they sent me 2 copies of the same letter. They are exactly the same, except for the small differences of two hand-signatures.

I had written for King Philippe's 56th birthday, on April 15th.



This is the first time I have ever received a letter from the Belgium Royals, previously just cards and pictures. The main reason I had written was King Philippe's birthday, which they don't mention in the letter. 

Obviously, I had also expressed my sympathies about the recent attack in Brussels, and it had taken up a good portion of my letter. So, it is understandable that I was sent this reply. My guess is this is a sort of form letter everyone who wrote to express their sympathies and support for Belgium following the attacks received. 

This is not the first time I've received two replies for the same letter.

One thing I found very interesting was the letters and number on the top of the page (CC /MF /P 612.935). I have no idea what they mean. I assume they are some sort of way of documenting this letter. I had similar random letters and numbers on a letter from Netherlands last year.  

The letter was written by Frans Van Daele, the Head of the King's Cabinet. The reply came super fast, it was written about the same day it was received. 

As I said, I had received two identical letters. But what is interesting is one of the letters was accompanied by two pictures. (The other letter had no pictures.) 




Also Check out: 
Belgium Replies 
King Philippe's Speech following Brussels Bombing
Other Replies

10 comments:

  1. Wow congratulation! The pictures are fantastic. I sent a Birthday Card to King Philippe at 1st April and I`m curious when I will get a response? :) I am waiting 3 weeks. So ... Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully soon. 3 weeks is nothing, some replies do come before that, but on average it is about 1-2 months. Even though I wrote for his birthday, this isn't a birthday reply. I would think they wouldn't be ready to start sending out birthday replies till a week or two after his birthday. And then you have to add time in the mail, so so I wouldn't expect anything for at least a week.

      Delete
  2. How long did you wait for the response? ;)
    Ps gratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote April 5th, so it was about 2.5 weeks.

      Delete
    2. O wow ! Great ! So fast. Did you send it by priority letter?

      Delete
    3. I send it with the normal International mail stamp, which they call "First Class," I guess, it takes 5-7 days to get to most royals.

      Delete
  3. For Which letter did you waiTed the shortest time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My shorts wait time was about 14 days for a letter from Princess Anne.

      Delete
  4. What did you write to queen in your letter on the ocxasion of 90 birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday! Obviously..... I think I talked some about her 90th birthday celebrations, how I thought they were a wonderful way to celebrate her, Britain and her patronages, especially with the Patron Lunch. ..... It think I also talked about how she has done a lot of really great stuff in the 90 years, and how people are going to remember her and how future generations who were born after her, will know of her legacy. .......etc.

      Just the usual stuff.

      Delete