Saturday, 5 November 2016

Queen Elizabeth's 90th Birthday reply!!



Over the years many of you have come to me worried about not having received a reply yet. My response to you has usually been, "You just need to be Patient. It will come, you just need to give it time." And this reply has certainly tested my patiences, and made me wonder if it would ever come at all.

I had written Queen Elizabeth II 7 months ago, on honor of her 90th Birthday in April, and today I finally received my reply. It had been a long wait. It started when a friend received his reply, postmarked The Queen's Birthday from Windsor Castle. I remembering thinking, they are really on top of things, and surely my reply can't be too far off.

Well, after the longest response time I've ever had, here it is. Unlike the Queen's usual responses, this is a card (accompanied by a note, apologizing for the delay).





The cards says: "Buckingham Palace: I send you my grateful thanks for the kind words you have sent to me on the occasion of my ninetieth birthday. Elizabeth R 2016."

The photo on the inside of the card was released last year to mark the Queen becoming Britain's Longest Reigning Monarch.

It's a very lovely reply and certainly worth the wait!

The card comes just as were all starting to think about sending Christmas letters. We have a helpful guide to all your Royal Christmas needs here.

Also Check Out:
Replies from British Royals
Other Replies
Average Response Time

9 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you finally received it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I waited 6 months, so not long as you, but it is the longest time of response for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in New Zealand and still havent gotten a birthday reply. Do you think it could be on its way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they've been working for the last 6 months to get all the replies out. I'm sure you will get yours soon. I would think they are trying to finish up before Christmas. So hopefully very soon.

      Delete
    2. I got my reply the other day I was so wrapped. Now im going to send christmas cards

      Delete
  4. When the responses arrive does it have on the envelope that it is from the royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mail from the British Royals usually has a postmark that says Buckingham Palace and a big EIIR (regardless of who it's from, or what office). And the back of the Queen's envelope has her coat of arms, other royals will have their monogram, cypher, or coat of arms.

      Delete
  5. I still have not received a reply...I don't think I will receive one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've seen someone get a reply in the last month...... So it's still possible that they are still mailing out replies for that.

      Delete