Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year! And of course it is a very exciting time for Royal Watchers. There is plenty going on with Speeches, Concerts, Holiday Events, Christmas Cards, Official Photos, etc.
Writing to the Royals for Christmas
- Our Guide
- Recommended Send By Date: Monday, 5th December
- Royal Styles - Who is HM, HRH, HSH, HH, etc.
Most of European Monarchs give a speech sometime during the holiday season. We will link them here when they get posted, with English Translations, if they are not in English or subtitled. (We've snucking in Japan as well.)
(All times are Local/London.)
Christmas Eve Speeches
- King Philippe of Belgium (Pre-recorded 1PM/ Noon)
- Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg (7:00 PM/6:00PM)
- King Felipe VI of Spain (Live?:10:00PM/ 9:00PM) Recap of Year starts 40 minutes earlier
Christmas Day Speeches
- King Willem-Alexander of Netherlands (Pre-recorded 1 PM/ Noon)
- Queen Elizabeth II of United Kingdom (Pre-recorded 3 PM)
- King Carl Gustaf of Sweden (Pre-recorded 7:45 PM/ 6:45 PM)
New Years Eve Speeches