Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Princess Charlotte Birthday & Prince Richard Condolence Reply (2017)

I received two royal replies in the mail today.

Princess Charlotte of Cambridge

The first reply is from Prince William and Duchess Kate. I had written to them in April for Princess Charlotte's 2nd Birthday.

Like usual, Clarence House replied with a photo card of Princess Charlotte with a typed message on the back. As expected, they used the photo taken by Kate, at the family's home Anmer Hall, that was released for Princess Charlotte's birthday.

With the card, I also received a lovely letter from Claudia Spens, Head of Clarence House's Communications Section. She thanked me for writing and briefly touched on some of the other things I had mentioned in my letter. 



Prince Richard von 
Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

The 2nd reply is from Germany. Prince Richard von Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg passed away in March. I had written to his family, to express my condolences. 

Prince Richard was married to Princess Benedikte of Denmark (Queen Margrethe's sister). So, he was both an extended member of the Denmark Royal Family, as well as the head of Royal Family of the former monarchy of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

This is the first reply I have gotten from a former monarchy. Although think I may file it under Denmark in my collection. 


The envelope features a picture of the Castle of Berleburg, which is the family's residence. Prince Richard passed away at the castle, and his funeral was held at the castle church. 

The reply is a lovely tri-fold card.


The front of the card features a lovely picture of Richard. The picture was taken in the forest near the family home. 


The back of the card features Prince Richard's coat of arms, date of birth & death, and his full name: 

Richard Casimir Karl August Robert Konstantin
Prince von Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg,
6th ruler of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg,
Count of Sayn, Lord of Homburg, Vallendar,
Neumagen and Neuenhemsbach

29th October 1934 - 13th March 2017

The inside has a message from his wife and children in 3 languages: English, German and Danish. 




Also Check Out:

2 comments:

  1. Hi. How long did you wait for replay from Germany?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the exact day I wrote. But if he passed away Match 13th and I wrote some shortly time after, than that was about 1.5 months wait. That is perfectly normal.

      Delete