Date: Saturday, April 17th, 2021
Location: St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle
Type of Funeral: Ceremonial Royal Funeral (same as the Queen Mother)
Prior to Funeral
- Prince Philip's coffin, covered with his Personal Standard and dressed with a wreath of flowers, will lay in the Private Chapel at Windsor Castle.
- Prince Philip's coffin will be moved from the Royal Chapel to the inner hall
- Bearer Party will be made up of The Queen’s Company, 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards. With them will be the Dean of Windsor & Lord Chamberlain.
- Prince Philip's coffin arrives at the State Entrance. All those in the Procession and in the Quadrangle will pay compliments.
- Ceremonial Procession Begins with various military regiments participating.
- The coffin will lay carried in a custom-built Land Rover - which Philip helped to design.
- Members of the Royal Family and The Duke of Edinburgh’s Household will walk behind the coffin from the Quadrangle, down Chapel Hill and into Horseshoe Cloister.
- Minute Guns will be fired by The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery from the East Lawn at Windsor Castle for the duration of the Procession. The Curfew Tower Bell will toll.
- The procession ends at the West Steps of St. George’s Chapel where there will be a Guard of Honor.
- National Minute’s Silence.
- Prince Philips Coffin is carried in by a Bearer Party made up of Royal Marines. Prince Philip's Naval Cap and Sword will be placed on the coffin.
- Funeral Begins.
- Prince Philip will be interred in the Royal Vault in St George’s Chapel.