Title: Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland
Birth: Born on 10 June 1982 at Drottningholm Palace in Sweden
Monarchs during life: King Carl XVI Gustaf (1973-Present)
Relationship to current monarch: Daughter
Place in line of succession:
- At Birth: 3rd in Line, behind siblings, brother Carl Philip and sister Victoria
- Current: 6th in Line, behind nephew Prince Alexander & brother Carl Philip
Religion: Church of Sweden
- Christening: Christened on 31 August 1982 at The Royal Palace Church
- God Parents:
- Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
- Walther L. Sommerlath (Uncle)
- Princess Benedikte of Denmark
- Princess Christina (Aunt)
- God Children:
- Prince Oscar (Nephew)
- Parents: King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia. Madeline is their 3rd and youngest Child.
- Engagement: Madeleine was engaged (2009-2010) to Swedish lawyer Jonas Bergström.
- Marriage: Madeleine married British/American financier Christopher O'Neill on 8 June 2013 at the Royal Chapel at Stockholm Palace.
- Princess Leonore (2014)
- Prince Nicolas (2015)
- Stockholm University
- Project Manager at World Childhood Foundation in New York City, USA
- UNICEF in New York City, USA
Causes: Children, Illness, Sexual Assault, Horse Ridding, etc.
Video of them speaking:-
"We met through mutual friends. For me it started with a great friendship. We share the same humor and we have a lot of fun together. Christopher opened up my heart, he is my soul mate." - Engagement interview (2012)