A New Little Prince was born today in Sweden!!!
HRH Prince Alexander was born Tuesday, April 19th at 6:25 PM. Weighing 3595 gram (Aprox. 8 pounds) and 49 cm long. (Aprox. 19 inches) The Prince is 5th in line to the Swedish Throne. Both mother and baby are doing well.
- Birth of Prince at Danderyd hospital in Stockholm
- Prince Carl Gustaf press conference at hospital
- 9:38 PM
If you are as excited about the news as us, you probably want to send Carl Philip and Sofia a letter or card to congratulate them on their baby. The address is:
- Cannon Fire to mark the Birth
- 21 gun salute from Skeppsholmen saluting station as well as from Boden, Härnösand, Karlskrona and Göteborg.
- King Carl Gustaf hold Cabinet meeting, with Princess Victoria
- 11:15 AM
- Announce the name and baby's title
- Prince Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil, Duke of Södermanland
- Te Deum Service at at Royal Palace Chapel
- 12:00 PM
- Attended by Royal Family
- King, Queen, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip confirmed.
- Congratulatory lists at the Royal Palace
- 1-4 PM
- Well-wisher can sign list to send their congratulations to the couple
TRH Prince Couple
SE-107 70 Stockholm
What to expect in reply? Will they reply?
Who really knows when it comes to the Swedish Royal Family. Sometimes they send out replies, sometimes they don't. They do always release a statement online saying how deeply touched they were for all the well-wishes.
You can find the two replies I have gotten from the Swedish Royal Family here.