Ascot is a racecourse located in Ascot, Berkshire, England. It is 15 minutes from Windsor Castle. The Racecourse was opened by Queen Anne in 1711. Queen Elizabeth II reopened the racecourse in 2006 after renovations to the grandstand.
Royal Ascot is a week of races at Ascot Racecourse. Royal Ascot is always the Tuesday-Saturday after the Order of Garter Service. The Queen attends each day of Royal Ascot with members of the Royal Family. Each day begins with the Queen arriving in a carriage procession, at 2:00 PM, with select members of the Royal Family and special guests.
- Royal Ascot 2016 (June 14th - 18th)
- Royal Ascot 2017 (June 20th - 24th)
- Royal Ascot 2018 (June 19th - 23rd)
- Royal Ascot 2019 (June 18th - 22nd)
- Royal Ascot 2020 (June 16th - 20th)
- Closed to Public due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Royal Ascot 2021 (June 15th-19th)
- Royals Attending
- Carriage Procession canceled due to Coronavirus Pandemic
Royal Ascot has a strict dress code for men and women, that vary depending on the enclosure. All the Royals will be in Royal Enclosure. Details on Dress Code can be found here: https://www.ascot.co.uk/royal-ascot-style-guide
Back to British Royal Annual Events - Main Page